[Unbound-users] disable ipv6 / [ipv4] more granular
A. Schulze
2014-11-05 16:58:47 UTC
hello,

yesterday I had a little outage on my resolvers.
for some strange reasons they were unable to connect to remote dns
servers via ipv6.

I had the idea to write "do-ip6: no" into the config. I couldn't!
I also advertise the resolving service via ipv6 interfaces for other clients.
That connection wasn't broken.

So it would be cool if listenadresses on v4/v6 could be completely
separate configured then
send out queries via v4/v6. do-ip4 / do-ip6 is to global for me...

Andreas
W.C.A. Wijngaards
2014-11-06 07:46:06 UTC
Hi Andreas,

You can list the outgoing interfaces separately, if you omit an IPv6
outgoing interface (so only 0.0.0.0) then it'll not send queries to
authorities over IPv6.

Best regards,
Wouter